On our final morning at our farmhouse in the woods, we woke up to a perfectly clear and sunny morning. Completely different from the morning prior. We traded in the mysterious mist for a golden glow that made it feel like we woke up somewhere completely different. I’m so glad we got a little bit of both while we were there. We had woken up early in the morning so we could fit in a few stops on our drive to Boston, which sadly meant that our trip was almost over. That also meant that we didn’t have time to hang around in the morning, but we couldn’t pass up this light so we snapped a few more pictures to capture this morning glory and save it for a rainy day.
Roughly on our path towards Boston was the town of Deerfield, Massachusetts. We made a pit stop to explore the historic town and grab some coffee. As it turns out, a large portion of the town is either part of Deerfield Academy or the Historic Outdoor Museum, which is beautiful. You can tour some of the houses, though we didn’t have enough time to enter any, but we did walk up and down the main strip where most of them are located, along with a small Inn and some shops.
I loved stopping by these quaint little towns, it reminded me a lot of our drive through the English Countryside and finding quaint cottages and small villages as we kept exploring. I could have spent weeks doing this. It’s my favorite! I want to make this road trip an annual thing because it was so much fun and probably one of the least expensive trips we’ve been on since all of the inns, bed and breakfasts and Airbnb were so reasonable.
In case you couldn’t tell from all of my tweed on this trip, I went a little crazy when we were in Ireland back in June. I couldn’t help myself- it was just too gorgeous to pass up. We obviously brought lots of tweed back to friends and family, but Thomas and I both bought blazers and coats along with scarves. This green tweed coat was one of those purchases (the pink lining!). This one I found at Kevin & Howlin in Dublin, along with a few of the scarves I bought. I think I spent over an hour in the store going through their amazing selection of tweeds in every colors, pattern and style. This Dubarry tweed blazer is the most similar thing I’ve found online, sadly I haven’t stumbled upon many great tweed options, so if you spot any, let me know!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Riding Boots For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Styling A Slip Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall In Boston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Misty Morning In Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall