Last week I posted a short tutorial on Snapchat of how I curl my hair. I go back and forth between a few styles, but this ‘middle part with loose waves’ has been my go-to lately. My hair is naturally stick straight, so that’s why I love adding a little bit of wave to it. In this post, I’m using this GHD curling iron (in 1 1/4 inch). I’ve had this one for a few years and it’s been fantastic. It heats up really quickly and is great for traveling. I also have the T3 Twirl, which has interchangeable heads, so if I want tighter or looser curls, I can switch it out. (P.S. for those of you interested, I’m wearing an old Club Monaco lace top (similar here and here) and an old Banana Republic Skirt (similar here)).
I’ve included the Snapchat video below with the step by step process of how I curl my hair. My process is pretty straight forward and easy. For this look, I curl the pieces away from my face and curl them by length of layer. My tip for this style is to always keep the ends out. It gives that beachy-vibe instead of bouncy curls. I also always love how this style falls out throughout the day. It looks good a little messy and I’ll usually let it live for 2-3 days. For product, I don’t do too much. I use this Alterna Oil on the ends of my hair to keep them healthy and shiny. One of my other favorite Alterna products is this leave in conditioner. I use it a few times a month. And the last product is this R+Co Hairspray that my hairstylist got me hooked on.
You May Also Like
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Retro Half Up Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- These Are The 10 Beauty Products I Buy From Whole Foods Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Makeup, Skin
- Video: Beach Curls Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, video
- Double Braid Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips
- Half-Up Braid Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- How To- Clipless Curling Iron Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips
- How-To: Top Knot Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips