With all of the entertaining and gifting around this time of year, I’m always looking for a new way to do things. Maybe that’s a different sort of cocktail to serve or unique small gift to pick up for friends and neighbors. Especially now that we bought our first house, I’ve been wanting to get in the holiday mood more than ever before. And Thomas and I are both excited to start traditions with our family in our new place.
It’s no secret that I love chocolate, and the darker the better. I’m pretty much always up for chocolate anything. When making a dessert, it’s usually my go-to base. I also always keep a dark chocolate bar or two around the house for a late night sweet tooth craving. But this season, I wanted to create a dessert that was simple and easy, would satisfy even those with savory preference and have a beautiful presentation. That’s when I came up with the idea of having a chocolate “bar”. Literally, having chocolate bars for dessert. The trick is that you make it look much fancier than it actually is by adding a mix of colorful fruits, nuts, spices and cheese to complement the different chocolates.
It’s easy to whip this up in less than 5 minutes. I started with a variety of GREEN & BLACK’S Pur Dark and Milk Chocolates in various flavors and a mix of dark and milk chocolate. I then made a list of the different ingredients in each bar- raspberry & hazelnut or almonds or sea salt- and elaborated on each of those notes by adding the corresponding larger portion. I also picked up whatever looked fruitful and in-season at the grocery store and bought some delicious cheese to balance the sweetness. The result was colorful and yummy and had me wanting to snack right away! It’s also fun to use extra chocolate bars or packaging (if it’s colorful and pretty) as decor. That way, when guests run through all the set-out chocolate, you have more for backup.
Aside from entertaining, I love using my sweet love for gifting. Chocolate gifting. Instead of buying or sending pre-made gift baskets, I chose to create my own this year. Again, it’s simple and easy and that way I can personalize each one to the people/person I’m giving it to. For this one, I started with a small seagrass basket and filled it with burlap. For the goodies inside, I added a mix of GREEN & BLACK’S chocolate bars in different flavors, a bottle of champagne, a candle and matches, a jar of homemade granola and topped it off with a monogram ornament. You can make it simpler by just having some chocolate and wine or even a tad fancier by throwing in some pretty champagne glasses or a beautiful throw. Checkout GREEN & BLACK’S great gift sets.
Thank you to GREEN & BLACK’S for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Time At Home Posted in Holiday, Home, Entertaining
- Tablescape For The Holidays Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry
- Marin Headlands With Everlane Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday
- Topshop Holiday Posted in Julia's Style, misc, Holiday
- Blue & White Courtyard Posted in Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Gifting Nespresso Posted in Holiday, Home, Entertaining
- Holiday Decorating + Video Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor
- Summer Spread Posted in Julia's Style, food, Style, Dresses, Summer, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Recipes