Tibi Blazer, Joie Lace Top (old, similar here), Alice + Olivia Pants (on sale), Louboutin Pumps, Jimmy Choo Clutch (old, similar here), Rebecca de Ravenel Earrings (similar less expensive version here)
With NYE just a few days away, I wanted to share some inspiration on what to wear this year. I’ve featured numerous party dresses here on the blog, but one unexpected look that’s just as chic, is the lady tuxedo. This is my version, of course, that includes a bit of lace and satin, so not the typical structured style you’re used to seeing. I love a little androgyny in an outfit, something that’s both masculine and feminine, and this one definitely has a little bit of both.
It all started when I spotted this Tibi blazer. I’ve been on the hunt for a black and white tuxedo style blazer (I almost caved and got this all cream silk one), but held out until I found exactly what I was looking for. Bingo! The bow sleeves on the Tibi one sealed the deal for me. I pulled it out the weekend before last for a holiday party in the neighborhood, added a black silk cami underneath, faux fur stole on the top and paired with wide leg silk trousers. It was comfortable and refined, but still festive and fun, which is just what I wanted.
I got these Alice + Olivia black satin trousers a while ago and finally had them hemmed a bit so I could wear them. I still kept some of the length so that I can wear them with my most loved pumps (find more great heel options here), my Louboutin Pigalle, and give the illusion of long legs (when in fact, I’m only 5’5). Plus, they have an elastic waistband, which is oh so comfortable and appealing for all of those holiday desserts and long nights on the dance floor.
Thank you to Nordstrom & ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
Black & White Tuxedo Looks
You May Also Like
- Dresses For Mother’s Day Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Jewelry, Charleston
- Pink Sequin Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter
- Black Lace Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter
- Double Bows Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Shoes, Bows, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston
- White Linen Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- The Red Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter
- Pineapple Fences Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Favorites (Newsletter Welcome Email), Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring
- Blush Pink Dress & Red Coat Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston
- Pink and Black Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston