Thomas and I have really been savoring this past week at home. I’m so incredibly grateful for the opportunities to travel and see the world, but there really is no better feeling than being home. Plus, we’re still settling down in our new place and trying to get a rhythm and routine. My mom flew out last weekend and was initially only planning on staying for a few days but ended up extending her trip through the week to help us out. Moms truly are the best. We’ve spent our evenings decorating our Christmas tree (this is our first year getting a real one!), taking walks around the neighborhood and doing lots of cooking and baking.
I’m not a huge baker, but something about the change of weather and wanting to stay cozied up inside makes me want to whip up a batch of cookies. Is that nesting? It’s also so nice to have a huge kitchen that we actually want to spend time in. It’s definitely the room that we do spend the most time in and I can’t wait until the beginning of the year when we start our renovations (more on that later…)! But this past week, we put it to good use, rolled out a large thing of parchment paper and made the holiday cookies that I grew up making every year- sugar cookies with vanilla frosting, sprinkled with mashed up candy canes.
Taking the time to spend quality time with family has always been important to Thomas and me. I think that’s why we savor the holidays so much, because we get to see our families more often than normal (it’s especially hard now that we live across the country). It’s definitely comforting to bring any family traditions- big or small- into our new home.
While the cookies baked in the oven, we sipped on hot chocolate while the time passed. This month, I’m excited to be working with Timex and show you guys how I #TakeTime to spend with my loved ones. Nothing feels better than checking out, being present and enjoying each other’s company. Here, I’m wearing the Timex Originals Tonal in this dusty rose shade. Naturally, this goes with just about everything in my wardrobe.
How do you take time to enjoy the holidays with friends & family? I’d love to know!
Thank you to Timex for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Chocolate For Christmas Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Cooking Contributor Series: 3 Delightful Dessert Ideas For Easter Posted in tutorial, misc, food, Spring, Home, Entertaining, Recipes, Contributor Series
- Topshop Holiday Posted in Julia's Style, misc, Holiday
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry
- Gifting Nespresso Posted in Holiday, Home, Entertaining
- Marin Headlands With Everlane Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday
- Tablescape For The Holidays Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Holiday Beauty Gift Boxes Posted in Holiday, Home, Entertaining
- Holiday Decorating + Video Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor