A fresh start, a clean slate, a new beginning- all ways to describe the feeling of the new year. I think it’s safe to say that we love a reason to put our goals back in motion, recharge and get excited about what’s to come. One thing that I always find therapeutic to do at the beginning of the year (and also need to do!) is clean out my closet. I actually love going through the whole entire house and getting rid of everything we don’t use/most likely won’t use ever again. It helps us realize what we have been wearing or using and what we might be missing.
Every time I clean out my closet, it reminds me of the pieces that I repeatedly buy and only wear once. It’s a goal of mine this year to try and stop this bad habit. I’ve realized that this usually happens when I get caught up in the excitement of a particular piece and don’t think about the practicality or versatility of it. Obviously, there are exceptions to this rule, with some special occasion or unique items, but day-to-day clothes should be things that we want to and can wear again and again. Overall, it’s just being more mindful and making a conscious effort to look at each piece not as a single item, but as a whole with everything else in your wardrobe.
I broke this theory down when I partnered with Express this month. Express has continually been a place where I’ve found some great basics and staples in my closet over the years. I’ve definitely jumped on some trends, and some of those pieces ended up lasting beyond just that season, but mostly the items that were classic were the ones that remained. Case in point: a classic black trench coat and a great pair of cropped denim. These are two items that I know I’ll get so much use out of. I have a camel trench coat that I wear all the time, so I was glad to find this one at Express for a great price. Over the past few months, I introduced cropped jeans into my life and I hardly reach for my skinny jeans anymore. I just really love the fit and look of the style. This Express pair has a bit of a higher waist and comes in a great wash that’s not too dark or light.
Thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Blush Dotted Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Garden Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Charleston
- My Dress Code Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Blazers For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Valentine’s Day Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Silver & Blush Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter
- Downtown Seattle Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Colors In Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall, Charleston
- Winter White & Cream Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston