As I mentioned in last week’s post, we spent MLK Jr. weekend down at Palmetto Bluff. On our original visit to South Carolina, we spent three nights in Charleston and two nights at Palmetto Bluff (remember here, here, here and here). It was this trip where we fell in love with Charleston and the surrounding area, which convinced us to make the big leap last year. We had been dying to revisit Palmetto Bluff so when our friends invited us, we seized the opportunity.
In between our first visit and this visit, the Montage had completed a new building called the Inn along with lots of other amenities. We stayed in the new Inn this time around, which was beautiful and in a new spot that we hadn’t explored on our prior trip. When we arrived, we met up with our friends for lunch in the sun out on the balcony of the new addition, followed by a bike ride and rosé by the pool.
I’ve been carrying my new basket bag with me everywhere lately. With the spring-like weather we’ve been having, it goes with just about every single thing and it’s also easy on the budget at $78. I did a roundup last week on my favorite basket bags this season, with many of them being under $100.
This MDS Stripes dress is a new addition that I couldn’t wait to wear. I love simple shirt dresses and this one is so feminine and classic. I know I’ll be wearing it over and over again. I pretty much want one of everything from MDS Stripes and just recently added this light pink maxi skirt to my collection as well and can’t wait to wear it with a crisp white shirt. I’ve also found a few less expensive but similar options to my stripe dress here, here and here.
On this trip, we had been encouraged to take a bicycle ride out to the Moreland section of Palmetto Bluff. The bike ride through the forests and along the river out to a picnic area, treehouse and a dock reminded us of the trips that we used to make out to LSSI. If only we had decided to bring our picnic basket with us because it would have been the perfect spot. While the area around the hotel is developed with homes, guest rooms, restaurants, and other buildings, our adventure on our bicycles out to Moreland was a reminder that there’s still a lot of the 20,000 acres of Palmetto Bluff that have been left untouched.
We spent the rest of the evening out on the dock with a bottle of wine to catch the sunset before we headed back to freshen up for dinner. It was such a peaceful and relaxing weekend and we both agreed that we would be coming back soon. We would love to bring our families out here as there’s so much to do for everyone.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Island Blues Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- A Southern Summer Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Hampton Park Picnic Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Summer Memories Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Seasonal, Summer
- Back In NYC With TRESemmé Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- MDS Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- Charleston In January Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Tory Burch Striped Wrap Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring