Thomas and I just got back from our week in Paris spent with my best friends ringing in the New Year. It honestly couldn’t have been better! I’ve always wanted to celebrate NYE in Paris and this year, on a whim, we booked an apartment, called up my girlfriends and just made it happen. We didn’t go in with too many plans, just a few dinner reservations, and everything ended up falling into place perfectly. I also think because we didn’t put too much pressure on ourselves for something over-the-top, everything was so much more fun and enjoyable as it played out.
Thomas and I flew in a day prior to the girls arriving, so we were able to walk around the neighborhood a bit (Saint Germain) and get the apartment warm and cozy with fresh flowers and pastries for their arrival. After having visited Paris a few times, we’ve finally figured out which areas we love to stay in. For us, it’s all about a central location where we can walk to many different shops, restaurants and attractions that we’ll be visiting. I loved Saint-Germain-des-Prés because we walked almost everywhere every single day, which is much needed with all of the croissants, chocolate and french fries we consumed on a daily basis.
Thomas and I love to just wander, and that’s exactly what we did. We had our eyes open for any home decor shops or art galleries, as we are decorating our place. Sometimes we set out for a particular place, but I find in Paris, it’s best if you just let yourself explore. If you’re hopping in a taxi from one spot to another, you miss all the little hidden gems. There is no better shopping than in Paris, as you never know what you might find in an old vintage shop in a small alley.
I, of course, had to stop into Ladurée for some macarons for my little sister, as they’re her favorite. We picked a few up for ourselves to have around the apartment, too.
I know a lot of you have asked for our Paris recommendations, so next up I’ll be sharing our list of favorites- from restaurants, to neighborhoods, to shops and hotels. Stay tuned!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- A Parisian Look Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter
- Paris For My Birthday Part 1. Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Europe
- Pretty Pink Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Braids, Two Ways Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Beauty, Hair
- Paris For My Birthday Part 2 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Europe
- Girls Weekend In Palm Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Travel Guide
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Back In NYC With TRESemmé Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer