I honestly can’t wait for our next trip to Harbour Island. We fell in love with everything about it while we were there! I mentioned a few things in my last two posts here and here, but there’s still so much more to share. We spent our first few days at The Dunmore, which had been on my list of hotels to visit for quite a while. Every time I got online to book, they were completely full, so when we spotted a couple of nights open just weeks before we left, we hopped at the chance (and then switched hotels for the last half of our trip).
Everything about the resort was incredibly charming. It’s a stripe-lover’s paradise, with stripes around every corner and in every room. I loved it! Despite the emptiness of our photos, there were quite a few guests there (because they were sold out, but it’s still a small-ish hotel). We just usually shoot first thing in the morning or in areas where people aren’t necessarily hanging out during that time. The hotel sits right on Pink Sands Beach, so we spent most of our days heading down there, either working out at sunrise, boogey boarding, playing paddle ball or just taking long walks. It’s a beautiful beach that has the softest light pink sand. You can’t tell as much in photos, but in person it’s definitely pink!
I packed a few books with me, but with all of the activities we ended up doing, I only got half-way through one. I’m loving Sarah Sadler’s Southernmost. It takes place in Charleston and was recommended by a few readers. Definitely pick up or download a copy if you’re searching for something new!
I brought mostly dresses, coverups and swimsuits with me on this trip, as I naturally do for any tropical getaways. It’s also been such a fun/weird change to be able to wear many of my previous ‘vacation only’ clothes at home now. I would almost never be able to wear them in SF as it would never get warm enough, but even in the middle of February here in Charleston, I’ve already worn gauzy coverups and shorts. It only makes me more excited for summer! This Misa off the shoulder dress (more sizes here) is really fun with its tassel details and I love the mix of the neutral stripes. It also comes in a top/skirt version here and a pant version here.
If you’re visiting Harbour Island and not staying at The Dunmore, make sure to stop by for a cocktail or dinner. They have live music on Saturday nights, but of course we missed it this trip! We did two nights at their restaurant for dinner and their food is great (along with breakfast & lunch!). The ambiance is also really lovely with the outdoor tent strung with bistro lights and the tables littered with candles and more striped seating.
My mom got me this ‘Bisous’ tote by Poolside Bags from Calypso St. Barth for Christmas and I used it as my carry-on/carry-all the entire trip. They come in a variety of colors with a bunch of fun/hilarious quotes and words on them. I also love this ‘Rose All Day’ one and this ‘Woke Up Like This” one. I wore mine below with this Solid & Striped one piece swimsuit with my LemLem skirt as a coverup.
The beach at sunrise was so peaceful. It was almost impossible not to wake up at sunrise. We did every single morning we were there. We love keeping our curtains and shades open and rising with the sun. It’s my favorite part of the day, as long as I can find some strong coffee or green tea shortly after.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Tory Burch Striped Wrap Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Bahama House, Harbour Island Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Island Nights Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Pink & Palm Print Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- The Cabana Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities
- Shopping In Tulum Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- My Three Favorite Swimwear Brands Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Seasonal, Summer
- Girls Weekend In Palm Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Travel Guide
- Isola del Garda Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Hats, Sunglasses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants