As the days continue to warm up, we’re spending more and more time outdoors. This is one of the things we were looking forward to when moving and I love that we’re actually taking the opportunities to do it. A few weeks back, our friends Lucy & Will suggested we head to Hampton Park for an early dinner outside (a la cheese, bread and rosé). I hadn’t spent much time in the park over there, only a quick browse after a breakfast at The Park Cafe (a delicious spot nearby). We definitely need to make more of an effort to get out over there because it’s beautiful! The setting sun created a golden glow through the trees and Spanish moss while the camellias and Japanese magnolias bloomed in big pink patches that couldn’t be ignored.
Our friends picked up some cheese and goodies from one of our local favorites, Goat Sheep Cow, while we brought the drinks. A good team effort! Sometimes a “light” mix of a few cheeses, meats, fruits, crackers and bread is my favorite way to do dinner. I was also in love with my friend Lucy’s blue and white blanket, which is actually a quilt from Target. It also comes in this pink version that I think I’m going to go and buy as another excuse for more picnics!
I keep forgetting that it’s actually mid February as these warm spring-like afternoons are more reminiscent of early summer months. It’s honestly making me so excited for our own backyard to be completed so we can do more of these at home. This MDS Stripes pink midi skirt is a piece that I know I’ll continue to wear even as it gets extra hot outside. The cotton fabric is lightweight enough to not feel suffocating even though it’s a maxi skirt. I also found these two similar options here and here that are both under $70 and can’t help but love this blush midi dress that has a similar feel to my skirt.
And with the temperatures reaching near the 80s this weekend, I think we’re going to fill our picnic basket back up and head out to Sullivan’s Island for a beach afternoon, with a good book of course.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Summer Sangria Picnic Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Home, Entertaining
- Lakeside In Weggis Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Palmetto Bluff Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Kew Gardens Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Jumping From Winter To Spring Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Azalea Tea Party Picnic Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Charleston In January Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston