The days are getting warmer, longer and sweeter, which only means one thing…spring is in the air! Spring has always been my favorite season because it really does bring new life to otherwise dull things. I always feel inspired by the nature around me, but especially during these months when colors are richer, blooms are fuller and everything seems to be more vibrant. We’ve got azaleas all over our neighborhood, which are giving me life right now! Even looking out our kitchen window makes me happy, as I get to stare at a blossoming pink cherry blossom tree that’s thriving more with each passing day. With just a little over a week away until the first official day of Spring, I thought I would round up my five favorite pieces to buy for the season…
Florals for Spring? Groundbreaking. I know it’s a little obvious, but I do love my florals- on everything and anything! A sweet floral dress just always seems to work. Brunch with the girls? Yes. Paired with a blazer for work? Yes. Dressed with heels for a wedding? Yes. Worn with sneakers to the farmer’s market? Yes! This one might be my favorite, with this one, this one, this one and this one coming in close- and all under $80! This Ted Baker floral and bow dress is also perfect for Easter.
A slightly oversized cardigan to pair over all of your spring dresses and rompers will get you through those cooler mornings and evenings. This time last year, I paired a chunkier one with a lightweight romper for a relaxed look. Get the look this season by adding this cardigan over this romper.
I love that off the shoulder tops have expanded into so many different forms this season. We’ve got lots more ruffles, some with straps, some with only one shoulder, some with tassels, some in dress form and some in jumpsuit form. Last spring I wore this oversized gingham MLM top that’s now available in a berry shade here.
A trench coat is great for all seasons, but I find I wear mine most in the spring and fall when temperatures are a lot more mild. I love both my classic Burberry one and my new Cuyana one, but I wouldn’t mind adding this blush scalloped one to my mix. When we visited the English Countryside last Spring, I wore mine almost every single day over my dresses- see here, here and here.
A lightweight scarf is an accessory I usually always have on me, especially when we travel. You never know when you may need an additional soft layer to add easily over any look. This paper-thin cashmere one from Cuyana is one of my favorites along with this J.Crew one.
Shop Spring Favorites
You May Also Like
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Life’s Little Treasures Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall, Jewelry
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Lace Mini Dress & My Favorite Bag For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Dressed Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall