Last week, we finally gave you a pre-renovation house tour of our home. We’ve been holding off on buying any furniture because we knew we were about to redesign and decorate the home, so our house has sat barely half-full since moving in October. With the weather constantly getting warmer in Charleston, there was one empty space that we felt we really wanted to fill…our front porch. Not knowing what our long term plans for that space were, we decided to find a vintage table and chairs that we could bring to life with a fresh coat of paint.
Before starting this project, we knew we wanted to find a table to paint and we knew we wanted to paint it a shade of blue. But we didn’t know much beyond that. We are not big DIY-ers over here and I get nervous to even paint because I somehow always mess it up. However, we found the BEHR website to be extremely helpful. We specifically liked the ColorSmart app for helping us select our perfect color. We knew that we wanted to choose a shade of blue, but with so many options, we had to see them side by side. After using the ColorSmart app we narrowed our options down to these 5:
With our colors selected, we went out and did a little vintage shopping. We fell in love with this table and chairs, and with a few modifications of the table (we removed an extra beam that brought the height of the table down a bit) and good sanding, we were all ready to paint.
We decided to test how the paint samples looked first, so we painted them on a scrap piece of wood and let them dry the afternoon before we began. We really loved the premium look of the BEHR MARQUEE® Exterior Flat Paint in Empire Blue. Additionally, the BEHR MARQUEE® is their most durable paint, which also helped influence our decision considering this table sits outside, where it’s covered, but still will be subject to the heat and moisture of the south. One of the features of this paint is its resistance to dirt, which has been helpful during this pollen season.
I absolutely love how the end result turned out! The blue is the prettiest shade and is such a great contrast to the natural chairs. We use this space so often- coffee in the morning, cocktails with friends, evening dinners and more, and it’s nice to have a spot that has our own touch to it. And even though most of our stuff is going in storage during the renovation, we’re bringing this little table and chairs with us to our new rental property to make it feel like home.
Luckily we have some leftover paint that we are hoping use for a few more fun projects around the house, like painting terra cotta flower pots for our front porch. Are there any paint projects around your house that you’d love to take on? If so, what are they and what BEHR color would you choose? Submit your answer on this form and you’ll be entered to win a $100 gift card to Home Depot from BEHR! See below for more details on the giveaway.
Sponsored by BEHR® and ShopStyle.
You May Also Like
- Tablescape For The Holidays Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Our Bedroom Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor, Essentials
- Twenty Six Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Blue & White Courtyard Posted in Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Our Thanksgiving Table + Terrain Giveaway Posted in Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Contributor Series: A Chic Fourth of July Table Posted in Home, Decor, Entertaining, Contributor Series
- A Day Trip to Beaufort, SC Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Our Guest Room Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry