The weekend before last, I flew down to Palm Beach for a quick girls getaway with my friend Carly. We had been planning it since the beginning of the year and were excited to get some r&r down in the sunshine state. The Colony had been on my list of hotels to visit, and once I showed Carly the palm print & pink hallways, she was sold. I visited Palm Beach a few years ago with the Lily Pulitzer team, but I’d been really wanting to make a trip back, especially now that we live so close. The two of us headed down early on a Sunday morning and had no official plans other than our hotel booking, which allowed us to really just go with the flow and relax. I always have the best time with Carly and we had so much fun just popping into cute shops, walking around the beautiful bougainvillea filled streets, ordering room service, having dessert for dinner, taking silly pictures in our matching palm print pjs and riding bikes.
I packed lots of fun, printed pieces for our trip like this Red Valentino maxi dress and this Milly top. Palm Beach is filled with color, from the eclectically decorated hotels, to the blossoming corners and all the details in between. There is no lack of character here!
We made most of our restaurant plans very last minute, allowing us to just see how we felt in the moment. On the first day, I arrived to the hotel in time for breakfast and ordered it poolside under the palm print awning. Later that day we had a great lunch at Pizza Al Fresco, which is set back in a courtyard with a beautiful ambiance and followed it by ordering room service for dinner that night. The following morning we stayed at the hotel again for breakfast (the setting was just so lovely!) and had lunch at SurfSide Diner (below). I remember visiting this spot the last time I was in Palm Beach and loved it! It’s an updated diner that has delicious salads, sandwiches and burgers. We did dinner at Buccan that evening, which was recommended by so many people, that we gathered it was a spot we couldn’t miss. We had to agree with everyone who recommended it, it was delicious! And for our last morning, we rode bikes over to The Breakers and had breakfast at The Circle.
CJ Laing (above) was one of my favorite shops that I discovered on my last visit and I’ve been following them on Instagram ever since. They have the best selection of beach/resort wear. I picked up this rainbow striped sweater while there, but wanted to go home with so many other goodies like this blue floral dress. I can’t wait to visit their other shop on Nantucket when we’re there in July!
This one shoulder ruffled ASOS dress is a bargain at $58! I changed into it for dinner and snapped a few quick pictures with Carly right before. I wore it with my J.McLaughlin clutch that has been my go-to for evenings and last seen on the blog here.
The shopping in Palm Beach is so good! We walked up and down Worth Ave numerous times and loved discovering all the little boutiques in the hidden alleyways. Some of my favorite spots worth noting are CJ Laing (that I talked about above), Lindroth Design (where I picked up some cute napkins and a new tablecloth), the Stubbs & Wootton store, Roberta Roller Rabbit, Kassatly (that has the prettiest pajamas and loungewear) and Lori Jayne (beautiful monogrammed linen accessories).
On our last day, I wore this printed Milly top with my favorite white Piamita skirt (similar on sale here). This top also comes in a textured white version here and a dress version here. I’m also obsessed with all of the palm print Milly pieces this season like this dress, this skirt and this skirt.
Before we knew it, we were packing up and driving to Tampa to visit Carly’s parents before flying home. It was a short but sweet trip and one that left me wanting to explore more of Florida! Next on my list are the Florida Keys…
Palm Beach Inspired Looks
You May Also Like
- Pink & Green Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- A Rainbow of Bougainvillea Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Travel Guide, California
- 9 Perfect Palm Print Pieces Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Spring Attire Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Island Nights Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- White Linen Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- Vintage Inspired Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 5 Neutral Shoes For Spring Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Pretty Pink Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston