The countdown until Spring is officially on with it being next week! We’ve been thoroughly enjoying the season in our new city, especially the warmth that comes so much earlier than where we were on the West Coast. It means that we use a large portion of our wardrobes (i.e. summer clothes!) much more frequently than before. Bring on the dresses and skirts! It’s had me paying a lot more attention to warm weather pieces as I can actually wear them now. And one of them being J.McLaughlin’s new collection for spring; it’s filled with blues and whites, feminine silhouettes, citrus prints and wicker bags. It’s literally everything I want to be wearing! So I took to our new city to share three of my favorite looks- from morning to noon to night.
One of our favorite neighborhood spots is Rudi’s. We often head over in the morning for a cup of coffee, pastries and grab a baguette & cheese to go. It’s just a few blocks from our place and I love having a spot we can walk to, as that used to be our ritual in SF, too. I love getting out in the early morning light, stretching my legs before we head back to start our work day.
For this first look from J.McLaughlin, I paired a crisp white button down (a classic that every woman should own) with this darling blue and white paisley midi skirt. This is my favorite length, falling just below the knee, and I think it’s so flattering on many different body types. It would also look great with a chambray top or even a lightweight tank once the temperature rises. I tied a little scarf around my neck and added this adorable basket bag from J.McLaughlin to top it off.
Spending an afternoon downtown is always enjoyable. It’s continually changing with each season as colors come and go and blooms die and come back to life. This time we headed over to Waterfront Park that sits along the Cooper River, with the Pineapple Fountain taking center stage. There are plenty of park benches within the twelve acre park, making it a great spot to bring a picnic and spend a weekend afternoon. Right now there are walls of pink azaleas blooming, too.
How cute is this lemon tree print shirt from J.McLaughlin?! I’ve added it to my collection of yellow obsessions for Spring. It instantly makes me think of our honeymoon in Italy and the abundance of all things lemon in the small town of Amalfi that we stayed in. I love when a print, color or texture can instantly bring back a wonderful memory! I paired the shirt with these incredibly comfortable J.McLaughlin Dock Capris in white. They’ve got a little bit of stretch to them without giving away throughout the day and getting baggy. And this cross-body wicker and leather bag is my new favorite for everyday!
One of our favorite parts of moving to the South has been enjoying our evenings on our front porch. We love having friends over for a glass of wine before we head to dinner. We have big plans for this space, as we know we’re going to be using it a lot.
One of our favorite restaurants in Charleston is Husk. Before visiting the city, we had dozens of readers tell us not to miss this spot when visiting, which we gladly obliged to. Now that we live here, we make sure to take friends and family who are visiting, which also makes the perfect excuse to go back (somewhat) often. They have a great little bar on the side, too.
My last look from J.McLaughlin is this white fit and flare dress paired with a blue and white gingham pullover. The fabric feels amazing and is ultra lightweight, which is ideal for summertime and humidity. I know I’ll be pulling this one out often, especially when we start to get those balmy nights.
Thank you to J.McLaughlin for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Dresses For Mother’s Day Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Jewelry, Charleston
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Classic Black & White Blazer Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Spring Green Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California
- A Mix of Spring Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston