After our quick trip to D.C., we made our way back down to Charleston, excited to show our friends our new city. And while we were away seeking cherry blossoms, it seemed as though everything decided to bloom back home. As we strolled downtown, we were excited to see all of the purple wisteria dreamily draping fences and ombre trees of pink blossoms. Spring was definitely showing off for our guests! I honestly never get tired of walking around downtown, and with so many friends and family visiting (and more to come!), we’ve got quite the routine and route down.
I’m pretty sure Rose and her beau fell in love with Charleston, just like Thomas and I did on our first trip. It’s kind of hard not to. We started the day with a workout at Longevity Fitness (one of my favorite studios- the sweat therapy class is the best!), followed by a quick breakfast and coffee at The Daily and then blowouts at the new DryBar on King St. The boys then met us downtown to walk around and tour the neighborhoods.
Yet another midi skirt that I can’t get enough of! This Red Valentino one is pure perfection- I last wore it here, dressed up for a dinner out. This time around, I paired it with a lightweight striped Club Monaco sweater (on sale) and my nude Chloe scalloped flats. If you’re looking for a similar, less expensive version of both the skirt and flats, this one is gorgeous and under $80 along with this one and this one and these blush scalloped flats are almost identical but under $50.
After our sunshine filled tour, we made our way over to Chez Nous for a late lunch of pasta and rosé. We have this cozy spot on our Charleston Guide, and although most people go for a romantic dinner, I think it’s almost even better at lunch as it’s easy to get a table and you can enjoy one of their bistro tables al fresco. Just be sure to check their Instagram for their menu, as it changes daily!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Blue Lace Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Seasonal, Spring
- White and Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- A Week of Rain Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Three Looks Around Charleston With J.McLaughlin Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Floral Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Bows, Seasonal, Spring
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Pretty Pink Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Easter Brunch on The Porch Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston