A few weeks back, when the azaleas were in full bloom, my friend Lucy and I headed to Hampton Park to check them out. Inspired by the bright shades of pink and white, we decided it was the perfect spot for an uber feminine tea party picnic in the park. Because why not? Sometimes the best way to get inspired and fuel those creative juices is by doing something so completely unnecessary and beautiful just because it feels good. I’m all for those moments, the ones that don’t need to matter to anyone else but yourself and the people around you!
Between the two of us, we have quite the collection of vintage plates, tea cups, sterling silver and more. It’s fun just going through it all (Lucy has a whole closet, with antique treasures passed down from her grandmother, which I would gladly hang out all day in). We had both been talking about wanting brush the dust off a few of our favorite things that don’t get enough use, so this was the perfect excuse. Armed with some fresh flowers, pastries, fruit and a basket full of our goods, we headed out to the park and found the most vibrant azalea bush around.
Back when I was in Palm Beach, I stopped by the Lindroth Design store and picked up a few tablecloths and napkins, like the magenta pink ones we’re using here. I have another similar green tablecloth that I had ordered from them, so when I visited the store, I had to control myself to not buy every color. They’re just so beautiful to throw over an outdoor (or indoor) table or to use over a picnic blanket to transform it into something new. Last Sunday we brought our dining room table out on the porch and added the green one with the pink napkins to switch things up.
This Brooks Brothers skirt is a pastel lovers dream. It has all of the gorgeous shades- from blush to lavender to mint and light green. It also comes in a dress version here, but I knew that I would be able to switch up the skirt with different tops to make more looks out of it. Here I wore it with this La Vie by Rebecca Taylor blouse, but a simple white tank or a chambray button down would be perfect, too.
It ended up being the loveliest little impromptu tea party, perfectly equipped with English Breakfast tea and sweet treats a la Whole Foods :) We’re already planning our next little adventure together, which I’m so excited about, but in the meantime stay tuned as Lucy is going to be our next contributor after our interior designer this Friday!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- Strawberry Picking Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Dressed Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Pearly Whites Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer