Even though we’re moving out of our house soon, Thomas and I wanted to get started on some of our potted plants for Spring last weekend. What started out as a few, ended up turning into a full-fledged mini garden. It will become our ‘traveling garden’ once we head over to our rental, where they’ll live in our courtyard. It’s amazing how much life a little bit of greenery and some flowers will do to an otherwise empty space. The front porch is one of the things that made us fall in love with the house and it’s where we spend a lot of our time, especially now when the weather feels so wonderful. Since we turned the front porch into our garden escape, I invited the girls (Chassity, Gray & Lucy) over for an early Easter brunch and to shoot some of Club Monaco’s gorgeous new collection.
Chassity is wearing this adorable floral mini, I’m wearing this lace dress in the blush shade (it also comes in light blue), Lucy is wearing this off the shoulder dress and Gray is wearing this toile printed midi dress, all from Club Monaco’s new Occasion Shop. I had a hard time narrowing down my favorite because they’re all so dreamy and romantic!
Thomas did such an amazing job (he did most of it- I really can’t take credit!) on the potted plants. We’d been talking about doing them since we moved into the house and now that Spring is here, we figured there’s no better time than the present. We’ve been doing a ton of research this time around to make sure we don’t kill them all, which has always been the case in the past. They sure do instantly transform a space! We brought them all to one side of the porch and framed them around our little table to make it feel more intimate for the brunch.
It didn’t take much convincing to get the girls to come over for desserts, wine and dresses! I think we were all on a bit of a sugar high at the end of it all- we giggled our whole way through! This weekend my best friend is in town, so we’re doing a round two with an Easter dinner on Saturday night with less desserts and more real food (chef Thomas hasn’t given the menu yet). It’ll be our last hooray before our move and we’re soaking up every last bit of our time on the porch until then!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Dressed Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Dresses For Mother’s Day Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Jewelry, Charleston
- Floral Tea Length Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Sunglasses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring
- April Flowers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- White and Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall