During the planning stage for all of our trips we spend a good amount of time scouting special spots to visit. We typically find, and save on the map, way more than we can possibly visit in a single trip. That way when planning out our day we can take a slightly modified route to add an extra spot we wouldn’t normally have seen. What we’ve found is that it’s the added on spots that often turn out to be the highlight of the day. One of these discovered gems, was St. Paul de Vence, about a 30 minute drive from Nice Center. We just happened to be staying nearby in a town called Cagnes-sur-Mer, so we decided to add this spot onto the end of a travel day before checking into a new hotel. *Jumped forward slightly in today’s post, but still have more coming from our time in the countryside!
Like many of the towns we visited in France, St Paul de Vence is a hilltop town. It has a medieval feel to it being a walled city. Throughout the town there are art galleries everywhere (along with small boutiques and cafes), which we ended up popping into as we went. We noticed as we visited some small towns in France, a few had clear specialties- some were known for pottery, some art, some antiques and some, particular types of food. St Paul de Vence is definitely an art town, particularly known for their modern art. We loved strolling into all of the different galleries, particularly that of Christian Choisy and a few others that I can’t remember off the top of my head. It’s an incredibly charming village, with bougainvillea draped along the stone walls and far-off views of the coastline.
I bought this white DVF shirtdress from Nordstrom before we left for France- it’s the perfect dress to spend long days walking and exploring while traveling. Plus, a classic shirtdress like this can be worn long after you come home from a trip. It’s one of my favorite styles to wear and this one is cut to perfection. It ties at the waist, flattering the figure and of course, has pockets! The lining along the neck, buttons and tie is a beautiful blush/nude color that adds such a sweet touch. Nordstrom also has a few other shirtdress styles ideal for summer days like this striped one, this floral print one, this blue and white one and this white midi one. And remember, Nordstrom always has Free Shipping and Free Returns.
These blush Jack Rogers sandals have been another favorite of mine this season. They’re sold out pretty much everywhere in the main sizes, but Nordstrom just got them in stock in this color! The leather is so soft and buttery and they’re incredibly comfortable to spend the day walking around in. I highly recommend them if you’re looking for a good traveling sandal. Plus, this blush is basically a neutral, so they go with everything.
At the end of the afternoon, we stopped by the cutest bistro, Le Tilleul, for a glass of wine and a small bite to eat before heading out to our hotel. With little tables outside sitting along the cobblestone streets, it’s an ideal spot to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Sponsored by Nordstrom and ShopStyle
You May Also Like
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Venasque & Avignon, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Grimaud & St. Tropez, France Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall