After our time in St. Tropez, we headed further along the coast to Nice. We had stayed in Nice for only an evening when we visited for the first time two years ago. While we didn’t see much on the first visit (we were only there to catch a train back to Paris), we remembered Plage Beau Rivage Beach Club. I love a great striped umbrella, we have one in our own patio, and the blue and white ones here are a sight to see, even if you aren’t stopping at the beach club, you’ll be sure to walk past as you stroll along the beaches. We settled for a late lunch snack and couldn’t help but snap a few pictures.
Afterwards, we set our sights on Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild deciding to take a longer scenic route to get there. One thing about driving the French Riviera is that despite the relatively short distances, as the crow flies, all of the towns and roads are built on cliffs and peninsulas, so if you are driving somewhere, it’s rarely a quick trip. So if it’s going to take a while to get there, you might as well pick the option with the best view. We were amazed when we rounded the corner and peered out on the town of Villefrance-sur-Mer. We stopped and took in the view from high up on the cliffside road. Beachgoers, hundreds of feet down sunned themselves on the beach, boats cruised in and out of the marinas and the sun glistened on the crystal blue water. We immediately decided this spot would be our destination for the following day.
We actually got so caught up with the scenic drive that we arrived too late to tour Villa Ephrussi, so our only option was to come back the next day. I believe no plans can be ruined, just altered, so we decided to head back to our hotel early, relax and have dinner out on the restaurant terrace. We didn’t stay in Nice, but our hotel, Chateau le Cagnard, was near (about a 30 min drive), in a medieval village called Cagnes-sur-Mer. This was a smaller, boutique hotel that sat in the middle of a beautiful town with views of Nice and the Mediterranean Sea in the distance.
You May Also Like
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Island Blues Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Grimaud & St. Tropez, France Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Provence & French Riviera Itinerary Posted in Travel, Europe, Activities
- Bastide De Marie & Lacoste, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Hotels, Europe
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall