Hotel Collection Dinnerware Set, Lenox Napkins, Bormioli Rocco Glasses, Nambé Mugs, Cambridge Flatware, Artland Placemats, Artland Tray, Artland Carryall, Martha Stewart Pitcher, Smeg Hot Water Kettle
When we got married, it was our first opportunity to pick out everything for our home, including all of our kitchen pieces. At the time, we felt that solid white dinnerware, basic silverware and standard clear glassware would suit our needs for a long time. As Thomas and I mature and further define our home style together, we are finding that we are more and more attracted to color and pieces with more character. While the simplicity of all white is timeless and classic, easy to replace and useful throughout the year, we realized that more often than not, when entertaining, we want everything but white. It can be hard and a little scary when you gravitate away from neutral colors, that’s why we selected the task of refreshing our kitchen basics as an opportunity where we could take some risks and add color and more detail to the kitchen items we use the most.
A great set of dishes is where it all starts in my opinion. These get used every single day. We recently tossed some of the basic white dishes we got as the white coating on the top started to wear down (has this ever happened to any of you? the sheen became dull and eventually turned grey, so weird!). When we saw this light blush dinnerware set, we knew they would be the perfect addition to our kitchen – easy to mix with our other white plates or our blue and white ones. The blush is light enough that it works as a neutral, but feels really updated compared to what we used to have.
Right now Macy’s Home has a big sale (Save 30-50% + an Extra 15% off Home items or Extra 10% off Electronics, Furniture, Mattresses, Rugs) going on so what better time to add some new items? And Macy’s Home has so many options to pick from so I’m sure you’ll find something you like – we found all of these new pieces there!
Next up was streamlining our glassware. We have such a random mix of pieces at home, mostly the clear glass ones we got as wedding gifts, but lots of random colors and styles – usually a single one of each. I finally bought a set of these pink glasses from Macy’s. Plus they’re on sale for under $20 for the set of 4 and come in a variety of colors. I love these! We also got a set of these mugs in this blue shade. We tossed a lot of our random mugs when we packed up our house for renovations, so these came at a perfect time.
I make tea everyday, so last year we bought a hot water kettle that sits on our counter. I kept telling Thomas how badly I wanted one that wasn’t such an eye sore. It was pointless to put it away after every use since I use it multiple times a day, so I was majorly excited when I found this Smeg one in cream. I love it so much that I’m going to buy it in another color for the office, too. Right now it’s on sale at Macy’s and also has a matching toaster.
I love adding different textures within our kitchen basics like seagrass and rattan. I bought a mix of Artland pieces from Macy’s, like these round placemats, this tray and carryall for our flatware. I know we’ll use these all throughout the year. And don’t forget you can get 30-50% off home goods at Macy’s right now!
Thank you to Macy’s & ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Wedding Guest Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Floral Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Our Bedroom Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor, Essentials
- Contributor Series: Mother’s Day Brunch In The Garden Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Essentials, Contributor Series
- Summer Spread Posted in Julia's Style, food, Style, Dresses, Summer, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Recipes
- 10 Plaid Pieces For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Tablescape For The Holidays Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Lakeside In Weggis Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Blush & Cream Details Posted in Julia's Style, For the Home, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Beauty, Makeup, Skin, Home