While we stayed in a town called Cagnes-sur-Mer during the end of our France trip, we discovered the coastal town of Villefrance-sur-Mer while driving along the coast between Nice and Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat (remember from this post?). We were instantly in love with the brightly color seaside town, so we made plans to return the next morning to enjoy the beach, explore the town and have lunch along the water. It turned out to be one of our favorite days from the entire trip!
This spot was about 40 minutes from where we were staying, so we decided to get an early start and be one of the first to the beach so that we could claim our spot. As we had noticed the day before, the beach in Villefranche sur mer, Plage des Marinieres, is pretty narrow, so we wanted to be there before 10am. Upon arriving, we discovered a beach shop, with a prime location, which was perfect because we had no options for shade. With plenty of cheap umbrellas to choose from, I picked out the one that matched the towels we had brought with us on the trip. And at 15 euros, how could I not?!
The town of Villefranche-sur-Mer was one of my favorite we visited in France. It’s everything you want to discover on a vacation- colorful, charming and relaxed, but with still enough to explore and things to do. We loved walking through the town, passing cafes with lively French music with people excitedly talking amongst themselves, happy beach-goers lining up for ice cream and vacationers trickling off their boats in the harbor. And all of this happening amongst this stunning backdrop of a town that sits along the prettiest turquoise blue water. If you’re visited the French Riviera, put this on your must-stop list!
We brought along our own towels on this trip because a few of the place we stayed weren’t hotels, and we knew we would be visiting some sort of body of water often. Turns out, we’re sure glad we packed them along! After spending most of our days in France touring around from morning til night, it was a nice break to chill at the beach for half a day. Thomas was excited to jump right in, while I much prefer to sit on the beach and read a good book.
These linen pants ended up being worn as pajamas for half the trip! They’re that comfy. They’re the perfect beach pants- easy to pull on over a swimsuit, but can still transition into a regular outfit with the switch of a top. When we went into town, I changed out of my yellow gingham one-piece and slipped this Reformation top on and pulled my sweaty hair into a ponytail with this scarf.
We could have laid on that beach all day, but we were getting hungry and itching to explore the town after 2pm rolled around. So we packed up our beach gear and walked along the water to find a restaurant to eat at. We settled in at Restaurant La Mère Germaine, which was right on the water, and under shade. We started off with a glass of rosé each and then both ordered the quinoa salad and tuna. After many decadent lunches and dinners in France, we were happy to eat some fresh seafood and vegetables after a morning in the sun.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Bastide De Marie & Lacoste, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Hotels, Europe
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- Maui Days Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Bags, Hats, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- Lilac Season Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall