Hello, August! I feel like I blinked and all of a sudden we’re getting ready for fall in a month. It was around this time last year that we announced that we were moving to Charleston, so that means we’ve almost been here for an entire year! Time sure does fly by… Life is weird like that. One minute you’re making a huge life change and before you know it, the newness of that change feels completely normal. I always forget to stop and just take it all in, all the changes, but life just seems to be going by so quickly!
Living in Charleston has really changed my wardrobe. Unlike SF where it’s on the cooler side for most of the year, it’s pretty much the exact opposite here. We moved at the beginning of fall last year, so we kind of know what to expect this time around. Although it’s not as hot as summer, it’s still warm, so a full-on change from summer wear to fall styles isn’t that drastic. Many of the changes in my wardrobe reflect this change in weather- I can now wear a lot more dresses and a lot less layers. And while I’m not reaching for a jacket or coat anytime soon, I do find myself still loving (and being able) to wear a blazer.
Since we’re now working from an office that’s not at home, I’ve found myself excited in a new way when getting ready every morning. Even though there’s not an expected “dress code”, I love feeling put together (well, most days!). We’re also going to be traveling to NYC a few times a month over the next few months (and possibly longer!) for work, so I’ve been really trying to polish up some of my workwear. Since I have so many dresses and skirts that I want to wear, the easiest way for me to refresh them and make them more professional is by adding a blazer or jacket. I bought this black and white Rag & Bone one from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale recently and love the way it brings together a simple white skirt and nude sweater.
A lot of pieces from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale have been picked over, with not a ton of pieces left in many sizes, but somehow this blazer didn’t fly off the shelf. I was hesitant at first, because, you know, I don’t wear black that often (ha!), but I think times are changing. Don’t get me wrong, I love color and soft pastels, but there’s something about a neutral look with some black detailing that really just does it for me. It’s so classic and timeless. Anyways, back to this blazer…if you’ve been waiting to find something really, really good from the sale, this blazer is it! There’s also this navy J.Crew blazer, this navy blazer under $70 and this tailored cream one, which are all on sale too. And don’t forget, the last day of the sale is this Sunday, so everything will go back to full-price come Monday.
Thank you to ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- What I Bought From The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Posted in Julia's Style, Sales, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Gal On A Budget: 10 Tops Under $60 Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Jumpstart To Fall Posted in Style, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- 10 Items For The Perfect Fall Wardrobe Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Double Eyelet Posted in Julia's Style, Sales, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Three Looks Around Charleston With J.McLaughlin Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston