I know we don’t want to admit it quite yet, but fall is just around the corner. If you live somewhere like Charleston, where it’s still very much summer in the sense that it’s hot and humid, then you know that we can’t even begin to think of sweaters and coats and all the fall things. Even though we don’t foresee any drastic change in temperature any time soon, there are a handful of fall trends going strong from 2016 that I’m still loving. I’m not really one to jump on the bandwagon of a fashion trend, but these five are trends that I know I’ll keep wearing regardless of the popularity.
I was so happy to see an abundance of velvet pop up again this season. Last year I bought this top and these pumps, which both came in my favorite blush shade. This year, there’s even more pieces launching in similar colors like this off the shoulder top (that’s under $70), this cross-body bag in the prettiest light pink and these pumps in a perfect shade of dusty rose.
Last year I bought my first pair of mules, these Gucci slides with roses on them. What seemed like a quick “hi, and bye” trend, these have pleasantly stayed. I’ve since added a few other pairs to my shoe collection, like this neutral linen pair and these blue and white floral ones from Club Monaco. What I’m eyeing for fall? These pearl embellished ones from Stuart Weitzman and this blush bow pair from Ann Taylor.
We’ve all worn and used a variety of beach totes made out of similar materials, but last year, they expanded from the beach and into everyday handbags. From rattan to wicker to bamboo and more- I can’t get enough of these and I have the collection to prove it. There are a few reasons why I’m so into them 1) I can find an absolutely adorable one for under $100 2) I love the texture it adds to an outfit 3) the neutral colors make it easy to wear with anything.
I was hesitant about overalls after trying on a few pairs and thinking “this just isn’t for me”. It wasn’t until I slipped on this one from Madewell that I was a convert. What I’ve learned? It’s all about the fit and how it shapes to your body type. There are so many styles out there, just try on as many as you can until you find the right pair.
Normally seen as a spring and summer shade, pink is now here to stay all year long. Last fall there was an abundance of the color popping up everywhere, and it’s the same this season, too. I recently bought these pink pants that I’m obsessed with along with this bow sweater. And if you’re looking for a pink corduroy skirt like I wore last fall, I found a few similar versions here, here and here (this one is under $20!).
You May Also Like
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- These Are My Top 7 Picks For Transitional Fall Coats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Blazers For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 10 Plaid Pieces For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall