As promised, I finally filmed a video tutorial on the ‘vintage curls’ that I always do. This has been a go-to hairstyle of mine for as long as I can remember…I even did a similar style on my wedding day. It’s timeless and elegant and so easy to create. If I’m not wearing my hair in a middle part with loose waves (I did a tutorial for that one here) or leaving my hair au-natural (aka straight), then I’m wearing my hair in these curls, as seen here, here, here, here, here and here to share a few.
For those of you looking for a great curling iron, I can’t say enough amazing things about the GHD Soft Curl Iron. I’ve had this one for years and it’s traveled with me just about everywhere. I love the look that the 1 1/4 inch gives- tight enough to give a full curl, but loose enough to look effortless. For product, I always add in my Alterna Kendi Oil while my hair is still damp- this helps with humidity and frizz. I also finish off the look with my Alterna Hairspray. I love this stuff because it helps hold my curls really well, but doesn’t leave my hair crunchy or sticky- my biggest pet peeve with hairspray. And if you’re looking for a great heat protectant, I do love Kérastase Nectar Thermique (when I remember to put it in!). I also wrote this GMG Now post last week sharing the five hair tools I can’t live without.
You May Also Like
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- My Daily Makeup Routine Posted in Beauty, Makeup, Video
- These Are The 10 Beauty Products I Buy From Whole Foods Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Makeup, Skin
- Updated Everyday Hair Curl Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Video: Beach Curls Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, video
- Style Code Live- NYFW Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Makeup, Video
- Half-Up Braid Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Twisted Side Braid Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Style, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Retro Half Up Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair