This week marks the official start of Fall and I’m fully ready for the seasonal change. After getting a taste of the cooler weather in NYC and enjoying the early autumnal colors in Quebec, I’m on that fall kick. You know, the one where you just want to be wrapped up in a cozy blanket next to a fire, cookies in the oven, candles burning, a hot drink in one hand and a good book in another. It’s the feeling I get when I see the changing of leaves or a foggy morning that make me love this time of year. While I know I’m going to be struck with the reality of home being very much in summer mode still, I’m enjoying the time we do have in the cooler climates until we get a taste of it back in Charleston. To celebrate the season, I wanted to share the 10 items I have on my list to create the perfect fall wardrobe.
1. Blanket Scarf- A cozy blanket scarf always comes in handy. Even if it’s not fall, I’m almost never without one when traveling. Last season I wrapped up in this one while we were in Vermont and this year, I found this plaid one and this one that are just begging to be worn on a crisp fall morning.
2. Cozy Sweater- It goes without saying that a chunky sweater is the quintessential fall wardrobe staple. My preference is a cream one that’ll pair with everything in my wardrobe. I recently picked up this Demylee one and wore it with my new camel leather pants and suede camel boots (seen above).
3. Classic Loafers- A camel loafer has repeatedly been the mvp of my fall shoe lineup. I recently got this Madewell pair and I was pleasantly surprised by how comfy they were, especially after a whole day of walking around Quebec City.
4. Burgundy Crossbody Bag- One color I can’t get enough of right now is anything in the burgundy palette. You may have noticed that I’ve been wearing my new Mulberry bag with just about everything recently. The color works great as a neutral base (similar to navy), so it’s easy to mix in with a wide variety of colors, particularly with fall hues. I also love this mini Tory Burch bag and this Mansur Gavriel one in similar colors.
5. Quilted Jacket- A quilted jacket is another item that you’ll wear not only throughout the fall season, but really year round. I used to bring mine out every morning on our walk to coffee when we lived in SF. I continued with my burgundy color obsession by adding this Burberry quilted jacket (more sizes here) to my fall wardrobe. While it also comes in a classic beige color, I think the purple hue really pops!
6. Beret- Last winter was the first time I had worn a beret, and to be honest, I haven’t really brought it out since. I was re-inspired after seeing some very chic ladies at NYFW donning berets with all of their fall looks. When I saw this green one in a window on a hat shop here in Quebec, I couldn’t help myself (It did match my outfit perfectly). I ended up picking up a second one in burgundy (shocker!) and am excited to style them throughout the season. I found a few similar, and affordable, ones online like this navy one and this black one.
7. Pleated Midi Skirt- This is one item that can easily be transitioned from summer over to fall. Even if it’s a more warm weather fabric, a nice chunky knit or a pair of tights will quickly make it seasonally appropriate. Last year I wore this beautiful burnt orange one from Express and this season, I can’t get enough of this blush metallic one (that’s also under $100).
8. Heeled Booties- While in NYC last week, I stopped by the newly opened Sezane store and got these rust colored booties. They actually just came back in stock in a few sizes over here, but hurry because these sell out fast. The color is just too good!
9. Navy Coat- I can’t wait to pull this Frame coat from last year back out again. A navy peacoat is another timeless piece that you’ll have for many years to come. My favorite that I’ve seen this season? Either this version that has toggles or this very classic option.
10. If you’re going to get a dress in a non-neutral color, let it be something in the burgundy palette. It’s the new lbd! I wore this A.L.C. one last week in NYC, but also love this Zimmermann one as a slightly fancier alternative for dressier occasions that come up throughout the fall season.
You May Also Like
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Classic Black & White Blazer Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sunrise & Sunset on Lake Massawippi Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Fall