We had a great time in Quebec City but the main attraction for our trip was getting out into the countryside to explore and find fall foliage. We knew we’d be a little too early for peak foliage, so when researching the trip we identified the spots in North America with the earliest season. That’s how we stumbled upon Eastern Townships, Quebec and then added on Quebec City. It wasn’t until we discovered Manoir Hovey that we made the booking official. The Clintons, actually stayed there the week before! Located in North Hatley, Quebec, Manoir Hovey sits on Lake Massawippi, which is a fun word to say and an even more beautiful lake to look at. On any exploratory mission, the best part isn’t just the destination but the journey, so we set off on a scenic route that estimated 3.5 hours (the most direct route would take 2.5 hours). Long story short, thanks to slow driving (Grandpa Tom behind the wheel) and a few too many photo stops along the way it took us 5.5 hours. Even with our longer than expected drive, we still arrived before check in time, so we strolled the property before settling in for a welcome drink. Afterwards, we couldn’t hold out for our room any longer so we grabbed a quick lunch before their kitchen closed.
When we arrived to Manoir Hovey we were blown away, it was even more beautiful than their impressive website led us to believe. That’s always a wonderful surprise as we find it’s often the opposite with a lot of hotels. The garden and lounging areas are exactly what you want for a relaxing couple of days break. It was bit warmer on the lake than what we left in Quebec City, so leather pants weren’t the best option, but I was committed to my Fall look! I actually ripped my favorite pair of leather pants last winter, when trying to have a dance off with my girlfriend when we was visiting us (I tried to do an epic on-the-kee-slide-across-the-room move, which ended in me not slide, but instead ripped the knee of my pants). Anyways, I was excited to find this pair in a beautiful caramel color this season and love the way they pair with my Sezane boots.
Demylee makes the best sweaters around. I told you guys yesterday that I have a cream sweater addiction and this post just proves it. I recently bought this one from Shopbop and last year I bought this red Demylee one. Shopbop also just started their Event Of The Season Sale, so you can get up to 25% off your order- the perfect time to snag a sweater or two. This cream one also comes in this grey version that I love (the neckline is so pretty) and I love the color of this light blue one.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Twenty Six Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 10 Items For The Perfect Fall Wardrobe Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 24 Hours in Boston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Acne Jensen Boots Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall