Without trying to sound completely cliché, I love fall. I love it to the point of being really basic, and for all the obvious reasons which make me said basic. I own it. And I still love it. There really is that ‘fall feeling’ that makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. It makes me feel nostalgic and reminds me of how much I loved this time of year when I was younger, too. I love a crisp morning, one that requires a soft knit sweater and warm drink in hand. I love the smells of cinnamon and cookies wafting through the house, or fragrant hot cider sitting on the stove. I love a crackling fire and making hot soup and wearing cozy socks. I love listening to emo music while driving or binge watching every movie with Diane Keaton in it. You get the point.
Since tomorrow is the official first day of Fall, I wanted to share my bucket list for the season. Time comes and goes so quickly, it’s felt extra fast lately, but I want to slow down and enjoy some of what makes me love this time of year so much. One of the best things about Fall is how everyone loves to celebrate it together. When I was younger, around the Fall season, my grandparents would always host a huge Fall Festival on their ranch every year. It was amazing- from hay rides out to the old cemetery to corn mazes, horse back riding, dancing in the barn and more. Just thinking back on those times brings a smile to my face and every year, around this time, I want to incorporate some of those activities into our schedule. It’s a tradition that I hope to continue carrying on even as we get older, and especially when we have a family of our own someday. They are some of my favorite memories. (I need to ask my mom to pull some of these old photos for me!). While I won’t be doing all of these immediately, there are a few that I’m excited to start with, like making a new reading list, taking up a cooking class or looking for new Fall decor. Last year I attempted to make my first wreathe (which started out great but ended up falling apart on our doorstep days later) and I’m hoping for better results this year. I know Thomas has been wanting to make our own candles at home for a long time (I just see this as a possible disaster zone mess wise, but I’m trying to be optimistic here!), so we’re going to give it a go. But I’d love to know, what’s on your Fall Bucket List? We’re always looking for new ideas to add!
You May Also Like
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- What We Are Loving About Charleston So Far: Our 4 Month Update Posted in Discussions
- Thankful Posted in Discussions
- Finding Self Love Posted in Discussions
- Let’s Talk Posted in Discussions
- Goodbye, San Francisco. Hello… Posted in Discussions
- New Year, New Goals Posted in Discussions
- Breaking Routines Posted in Discussions
- This Is What We Had To Say When We Answered 10 Questions About Each Other In Celebration Of Our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary Posted in Discussions