Last Friday we left NYC and flew straight to Quebec City for a short getaway. This area has been on our travel list for a while now, and with it being such a quick and easy flight from New York, we took advantage of being near. We’d been hoping for some cool fall-ish weather, which felt amazing right when we stepped out of the airport. This has been my first trip to Canada and I know it won’t be my last. We have so many different areas we want to visit, but since this was a quick few days, we decided to stick to a small part. While we’re no longer in Quebec City (if you follow along on Instagram Stories, you’ll know where we are now!), today’s post is from one of our evenings there.
We’ve had so much on our plate lately, which is a wonderful thing, but it’s led to very little downtime. While it seems like all fun and games from pictures and my social presence, there’s been a lot of exciting work happening behind the scenes. It’s made for many sleepless nights and work-filled weekends. While I don’t see a day of binge-watching tv and being lazy at home in my future, Thomas and I have been trying to make an effort to get out and enjoy a wonderful meal or two while we’re traveling. To be honest, a lot of our meals are usually to-go (Sweet Green is our spot when in NYC) since we just need something fast and quick. On Saturday night, we decided to get dressed up and head out to dinner in Quebec City. I slipped into this Tory Burch midi dress from their new fall collection. This is a fall floral that I can get behind- the colors are in a beautiful mix of autumnal jewel tones and the satin/metallic fabric really makes it shine. It also comes in a bow blouse version here and a similar blue & white floral one here.
I’ve been looking for a small navy bag for forever and finally found it in this Tory Burch one. Although at first I was torn between the green, navy or burgundy, I ultimately decided the blue was perfect. This is my favorite shaped bag- big enough to fit everything I need, but small enough to not overpower a look/get in the way. It also comes with a shoulder strap, which I took off for the evening. If you’re looking for something slightly larger, it comes in this size as well.
Over the knee boots are always a staple for the fall/winter seasons. I already have a few different colors from past years, like black, navy and grey, but was obsessed when I saw this green ‘boxwood’ shade from Tory Burch. I wasn’t sure about a green boot at first, but once I saw them in person and tried them on (they’re so comfy and fit amazing), I already started planning all the outfits I could wear them with (like this one). I also love that the heel is much lower than other OTK boots you see, making them a lot more practical to wear everyday.
Thank you to ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Styling A Slip Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Dressed Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer