We had two nights booked at Manoir Hovey on Lake Massawippi in Quebec. One of the reasons that we decided to stay there was the long list of activities that the property offered. Top on our to-do list? Canoeing and Kayaking. It was only when we checked in that we realized we were staying in arguably the best room on the property- we even had our own private dock with our choice of canoe or kayak. As the sun started to set on our first evening, we set off on a short canoe ride before returning to our room to get ready for dinner.
Each morning we’d wake up with the sun. And just as the light would start to enter our room, Thomas would notice and jump out of bed to watch the colors of sunrise. He was able to convince me to throw on clothes one morning and head out for another canoe ride. I stopped along the way for a cup of hot coffee and then walked down to the dock where the fog had rolled in, covering the sun and half of the lake. I wish I could always wake up to moments like this!
Both outfits I’m wearing have a few pieces from Backcountry, which is our go to for outdoor gear. Every time we go on a more outdoorsy trip, like when we went to Alaska in 2015, Iceland in 2016 or even New England last fall, we’d make several orders from Backcountry. Thomas discovered the site when he was searching for hiking pants (for Alaska!) and we’ve been loyal customers ever since! They have the best selection of some of our favorite brands like Barbour, Hunter Boots, Patagonia and Fjallraven.
This Patagonia zip-up is the coziest thing and I love the “roots red” color for Fall. It has more of an orange undertone to it than a true red and the navy piping is the perfect complimentary color. The other Patagonia pullover that I’m wearing is one of my absolute favorite things. I bought one as a birthday gift for Carly and ended up getting myself one, too (and I got Thomas one as well in this green color!). It’s my go-to sweater for a crisp autumn morning, plus it’s a great lounging around the house piece. I kept wearing it with these Monrow sweatpants and ended up sleeping in the combo almost every night.
Thank you to Backcountry & ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- One Night Trip To Mendocino Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California
- Joshua Tree Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Shoes, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Hotels, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants
- Emerald Bay Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- Summer In Ireland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Activities
- Bainbridge Island Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sail Away With Me Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 10 Items For The Perfect Fall Wardrobe Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Summer in Wyoming Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer