When putting this post together, I realized that I’ve never done a proper NYC Guide on GMG. While I’ve posted about some of our favorite spots here and there, I’ve never put it together in one place that’s easy to find. The truth is that I still feel like there is so much to learn about NYC. Even though we’ve been dozens of times over the past couple of years, many of the trips have been for work, meaning that they’re fast and most or all of our meals are either Sweet Green or room service. But over the past couple of months, we’ve been spending a lot more time in the city, and at longer periods of time. It’s allowed us to really explore, try new things and enjoy New York as a tourist, too. While I have a NYC Guide in the works, I thought it would be fun to roundup a week in the city- sharing what I wore, where we ate, what we did and where we stayed.
Usually when we come to NYC, our favorite place to stay is The Greenwich Hotel. More often than not, we’re here. On this trip however, we stayed in two spots- the first few days at The NYC Edition (which I also love) and 11 Howard (which I didn’t love). We’ve jumped around and tried at least ten or more hotels in the city and by far, our favorite places are downtown. While The Greenwich Hotel will always be our number one, last weekend we stayed at the SoHo Grand Hotel and really enjoyed it, too.
We love being able to walk in the Tribeca, West Village, Greenwich Village, Soho area, it’s our favorite and they’re all gorgeous in their own right. A friend of ours in Charleston recently suggested that we try out Via Carota and we couldn’t believe we’d never been to this gem. First off, the space is incredibly charming and cozy. The type of spot you want to spend an entire Saturday afternoon, sipping wine and eating decadent Italian food. And that’s exactly what we did when we went. This was some of the best pasta I’ve ever had!
Thomas and I both couldn’t believe that it had taken us this long to visit Brooklyn. We headed out in search of brunch at Maison Premiere, another friend’s suggestion and one that we were very much looking forward to. We’d heard such wonderful things about this place and were excited to finally try it out. We over-ordered, naturally, and ended up stuffing ourselves with pastries, french toast and truffle toast. Another very decadent brunch, but well worth the treat! Afterwards, we headed over to Park Slope and walked around, watching all of the weekenders lounging about the park in the sunshine.
On this day, we started off our morning with breakfast at Le CouCou (the best part of 11 Madison, besides the hotel location). We’d been here for brunch with friends earlier in the year and were excited it was attached to where we were staying. The food is delicious and the restaurant itself is incredibly gorgeous. Afterwards, we headed to Washington Square Park for the Lela Rose show, which was in the middle of the park (so fun!).
The next day we had all day meetings and were looking forward to some cocktails and a bite to eat at this new-to-us spot, Sel Rrose. Neither one of us was up for a big meal, so we each ordered a drink and some “light” bites, which included the truffle risotto croquettes, cucumber and avocado gazpacho and chickpea fries- all amazing!
You May Also Like
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Dressed Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall