We arrived back to NYC yesterday, straight from Scotland. We met my sister and my mom (it’s her first trip to NYC!) and we’re mixing a bit of work and pleasure over the next few days, which I’m really looking forward to. I still have so much to share from both London and Scotland – coming soon, I promise! We arrived to NYC bundled up in our sweaters, coats and scarves from the cold Scottish weather to what feels like lingering summer air. We quickly peeled off our layers and realized we didn’t quite need all of the fall clothes we had packed just yet. Many places (like Charleston) are still quite warm this time of year, which can make for some “I have no idea what to wear” mornings. We all want to wear fall stuff, but can’t quite transition just yet. I have one key ingredient that I’ve been adding to all my summer dresses that I wear in NYC and that’s my leather jacket.
Co is one of my favorite designers and I picked up this dress from Hampden a few months ago. I love a full skirt, and usually it’s not the most day-time appropriate, but the shirtdress style of this dress makes it work. Most of us have at least one white summer dress still lingering around in our closets, not quite sure if they’re ready to be packed away. I’ve kept mine out because I love mixing them with different jackets or blazers and boots as the weather starts to slowly cool off.
This is the first leather jacket that I’ve bought in years. I used to wear mine all the time in San Francisco, but after moving to Charleston, there hasn’t been too many times I’ve needed one. Now that we’re spending a lot of time in New York, I’ve been bringing this one with me every time we go. It’s been my favorite to add over silk dresses (like this one) or more summery dresses like the Co one I’m wearing here. If you’re looking for a similar leather jacket but at a lower price point, this one is a great alternative for under $100.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Blue and White Striped Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- Jumpstart To Fall Posted in Style, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- These Are My Top 7 Picks For Transitional Fall Coats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Brooklyn Bridge Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Bows Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bows, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston