Chloe Cape, J.Crew Turtleneck, Old Navy Jeans (old, last seen here, similar here and here), Gucci Loafers, Mansur Gavriel Bag, Beret (last seen here, similar here), Scarf (bought in Ireland, last seen here, similar here)
This is our last and final post from Scotland, and probably one of my favorite days there. And just in case you missed them, here are Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. Like I mentioned in this post, we ended the trip staying at Ardanaiseig Hotel on Loch Awe. The day before, we arrived in the early evening and spent the rest of the day exploring the property, relaxing for tea and having a delicious dinner there. So the next day we were ready to get out see the surroundings. We had one destination in mind, the town of Oban, but of course we stopped a few times along the way when we found any gorgeous scenic spots.
Along the way, in the Scottish countryside, we say thatched roofs, endless hills covered in autumnal tones of heather, and lots of animals. It was exactly what I pictured when I envisioned Scotland and it did not disappoint. After a few stops, we arrived to Oban. Before heading into town we made a slight detour to visit Dunollie, where we toured the castle and grounds and stopped by their cafe for some hot chai lattes. Not only are the grounds beautiful, with a great outlook point looking at Oban, but it’s also rich in history. Some of the castle ruins date back to the 15th century.
I couldn’t not create a gif out of these pictures (ha!). Thomas kept telling me that I looked like a flying squirrel in my cape.
Next, we headed into town to get some fresh seafood, as Oban is known as the “seafood capitol of Scotland”. Rose found a place called the Oban Seafood Hut, which is a small green shack along the pier. Apparently, this is the spot to get seafood. We saw the fisherman coming right up from their boats and bringing the fresh catch of the day. I’m a little bit picky with my seafood (I wish I wasn’t! – it’s a texture thing), but the other three had eyes wide open for everything on the menu, so naturally they ordered the mixed platter. Out came a huge display of oysters, clams, scallops, mussels, smoked salmon (which I did have!), crab, shrimp and langoustines. One of the men working at the hut saw us taking pictures and brought live lobster over for us to hold, and I went into full-on panic mode, which he thought was the funniest thing ever. I’m actually getting anxious just thinking about it! Something about touching live sea creatures just really freaks me out. Side story: whenever Thomas and I go fishing, if I catch something, I have to have Thomas help me get it off the hook, as I won’t touch the fish. Again, it’s a texture thing.
After lunch, we made our way across the street to the Oban Distillery, which dates back to 1794. As both Rose and Thomas said, you can’t go to Scotland and not taste some whiskey. I’m not really a whiskey fan (or hard alcohol in general), but it’s all about the experience. I took a nice whiff and let the boys do the real tasting, which they loved.
Afterwards, we headed back out on the road, headed for home. We spent the car ride reminiscing about the trip and already planning our next one (hi, Paris!). I’m so glad last minute we decided to add on this short trip to Scotland since we were going to be in London for work. After our trip to Ireland last year, it’d been at the top of our list and it was everything we’d imagined it would be. If you get the chance, go!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Our Scotland Adventure Part 1. Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Our Scotland Adventure Part 3 Posted in Julia's Style, misc, Travel, Seasonal, Fall, Hotels, Europe
- Riding Boots For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- White Denim Posted in Julia's Style
- Styling A Slip Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall