In just a few short weeks we’ll be packing up and heading to California to spend the holidays with Thomas’s family. The first week of December has already flown by so quickly and I know these next ones will go even faster. I’ve been trying to be extra on top of our to-do list this year since our schedule is crazier than ever before (all good things though!). I spent a day last weekend knocking out all of the holiday presents for everyone on our list and even started pre-packing what I’m planning on bringing for our Christmas in Monterey. It’s not very like me to plan that far in advance, but I know when the next two weeks fly by and I haven’t given it any thought, I’ll be very grateful for one less thing to think about.
A cozy cape is always a great piece to pack for the holidays. Whether you’re going to be lounging around at home or taking off on festive activities with the fam, it’s easy to grab and layer over anything. This plaid one from Tuckernuck (that’s actually reversible to the camel side, too) is lightweight and only $75- it also comes in a red or green version. I added it over a crisp blue shirt and a comfy pair of jeans that work for a travel day outfit, too! And this Chloe & Neely weekender bag is my favorite for short (or long!) getaways.
The second look I’m packing for the holidays starts with this amazing leopard print coat from Tuckernuck. I love that it’s actually a heavyweight linen fabric instead of the typical faux fur I usually see done. I’m already planning on wearing this over most of my day and night looks (it’ll be perfect over this lbd!). I layered it here over this striped sweater that is the coziest piece I’m bringing with me. I’m already looking forward to cuddling up next to the fire and finally being able to read one of the many books that I’ve been wanting to start.
You May Also Like
- Sail Away With Me Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- These Are My Top 7 Picks For Transitional Fall Coats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Christmas In California Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, California
- Apple Picking In Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall, Activities
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Spring Attire Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Boots I Wear All Fall & Winter Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall