When searching for fun places that we could reach by car from Charleston, we stumbled on Bolt Farm Treehouse. There’s always something extra special about staying a night or two in a house that’s attached to trees but this place in particular was amazing. Located not too far from Clemson in the foothills of South Carolina, this glamping treehouse is listed on Airbnb as one of the best places to stay in the whole state! They’re booked up pretty solid, but we emailed a while ago asking to get on a “wait list” for cancellations (which they recommend to do) and last minute they messaged us back letting us know two nights had popped open for the end of last week. We of course, jumped at the chance and before we knew it, we were road tripping up North.
With no tv and no internet it’s meant to be an escape from our always-on digital world. And while in reality that sounds like heaven to me, I have a much harder time shutting off than I would like to admit. Our first night we picked up wine with some bread and cheese, choosing to enjoy our meal under an outdoor chandelier and strings of lights hanging everywhere. It was the complete opposite of NYC, which is where we had just come from. We ended up calling it a night way earlier than we had done in a long time.
The next morning we woke up to pouring rain that carried on the entire day. Usually some rain would put a damper on our plans, but we took the opportunity to start our morning slow, enjoying some toast and coffee and keeping warm by the fire. We stayed in our pjs until the late morning, catching up on off-line work, listening to some podcasts and creating action plans for our goals this year. It actually made me really grateful to have the chance to unplug and still work in a different way than we normally do.
After finally growing restless from being inside all day and with our plans for hiking not ideal, we headed downstairs to the cozy bed swing underneath the house. It happened to be the only spot outside dry enough to enjoy the great outdoors while not getting soaked. A good book and a hot drink while listening to the rain is my ideal afternoon. Before we knew it, we were packing up and heading back to Charleston…just as the sun started to come out!
You May Also Like
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Blazers For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry
- Snow In Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston
- 1 Year In Charleston Posted in Discussions
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall