Happy New Year, friends! I can’t start today’s blog post without thanking you all for your warm and wonderful responses to Monday’s announcement about Gal Meets Glam Collection. It was truly one of the best ways to kick off the new year! It feels so good to finally be able to share the news with all of you and have you be a bigger part of this new journey. April can’t get here soon enough, but luckily we have many sneak peeks and announcements coming your way over the next few months!
We’ve been in Ireland for the past few days spending some time with my sister and her fiance, but before that we were with family in California for Christmas. We had such a great time and it was nice to lay low and get some downtime. Even though we still worked the whole time, it was nice to shut off from our computers (mostly) and focus on some bigger things that we haven’t had time to get to. We also hardly got back to California at all last year, so it made us really appreciate all of the time we had. They say you’re never as appreciative of something until you no longer have it, and while I thought we were pretty great about always taking advantage of our surroundings while living in SF, there was definitely a feeling of gratitude being back. We drove from SF to Monterey along the coast and it’s like we were looking at it from new eyes. It truly is such a beautiful and special place.
We spent most of our time at the beach, going on hikes or relaxing at the house with family and cooking in the kitchen, but we did take a trip into Carmel for some last minute Christmas shopping and stocking stuffers. We ordered most of our gifts online and shipped them to California, but we wanted to pick some up while we were home, too. I stopped into the Cuyana store while we were in SF and bought some of my favorite pieces as presents and couldn’t leave without this coat for myself (Merry Christmas to me!). With winter in full swing, it’s easy to layer under but still nice to throw on over a dress- that perfect third piece. I’ve been wearing it a lot on our trip to Ireland as well and seeing how cold it is back in Charleston right now, I know it’ll come handy when we’re back this weekend.
You May Also Like
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- The Four Cuyana Items I’ll Be Gifting This Year Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday Gift Guide, Holiday, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall
- 24 Hours in Boston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- Provence House Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- These Are My Top 7 Picks For Transitional Fall Coats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Cuyana Spring Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston