As I write this post, I am reminded that I’m long overdue for a hair trim. It’s been quite some time since I last saw my hair stylist (errr…I think I’m going on 6 months or more!). As much as I love skincare and nails and hair and makeup, it’s not something that I spend a lot of time on. Aside from what I do at home (which is pretty minimal), I don’t do much else. Life is busy and hectic, and like many of you, it’s hard to find the time for a 2 hour hair appointment (sometimes 3-5 hours if I’m getting highlights- there’s a lot of hair involved over here!). In order to go so long between appointments and not let my hair turn into a rat’s nest, I rely on a handful of products that keep my hair looking healthy.
Over the past few years, I’ve really found the brands of hair products that I trust and rely on- Moroccanoil, Alterna, Kerastase and Living Proof. These are the brands I use on a daily or weekly basis to keep my hair looking its best. I’ll start with shampoo and conditioner first since that’s a frequently asked question I receive. I’m constantly switching them up since I seem to run out so quickly, but my favorites right now are a mix of different Moroccanoil ones. At home, Thomas and I both use their Moisture & Shine shampoo and conditioner and while on the road we use their Hydration travel sized ones.
I love oils and use them every single day on both my skin and hair. My number one favorite haircare product is Moroccanoil Treatment followed by Alterna’s Kendi Oil. Both are amazing and will seriously change your hair for the better. I’ll use them on my damp hair after I get out of the shower, as well as on days when my hair is looking and feeling dull and dry. A small amount goes a long way, so a single bottle lasts me for a while. I always bring both wherever I go, with a travel size always ready in my beauty bag. Even if I haven’t had my hair done in ages (like now), I can still get away with silky smooth looking hair because of these oils.
I’ve also used Alterna’s CC Cream for years when I need a deep conditioning treatment at home. I use it about 2x a month, give or take depending on how my hair is looking. And Oribe Anti-Humidity Spray has been a life saver for frizz and all that comes with the humidity of living in the south.
You May Also Like
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- 5 Best Products For Healthy Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Favorites (Newsletter Welcome Email), Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Holiday Hairstyles: From Day To Night Posted in Beauty, Hair, Holiday
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video
- These Are The Beauty Products I’m Using This Fall Posted in Beauty, Tips, Makeup
- Use This Skincare Product For Deep Hydration Posted in Beauty, Skin
- These Are The 10 Beauty Products I Buy From Whole Foods Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Makeup, Skin
- Travel Hair Tips & Products Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Kerastase Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, Style, Accessories, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Jewelry