Last week we arrived home to a snowy Charleston. A snowy Charleston! I couldn’t believe it! It was equal parts strange and beautiful to see. Palm trees dripping in icicles, live oaks lined with snow and empty icy streets. We missed the epic snow day on Wednesday and thinking it would have all melted by Friday, we hadn’t expected to wake up to the winter wonderland before our eyes. We woke up early Friday morning, still on Dublin time, got all bundled up and headed out for coffee, only to turn back around, add a few more layers and try again. Downtown is beautiful in every season, but it’s been really magical to see it in the snow.
Most of our heavy-duty winter gear was packed away and assumed to be there through the season, but nature had other plans for us. We pulled out a few of our snowy essentials from past winters to get us through the weekend. I bought my Sorel boots years ago before a trip to Colorado. I ended up wearing them every single day in the snow and now they’ve become my number one most recommended item for winter (if you live or a visiting somewhere with snow). They’ll keep your feet warm and dry all day long.
I bought this big J.Crew parka for our trip to Iceland last year and it’s one of the warmest coats I own. You might remember it from this post, which was the last time I actually wore it.I was regretting not bringing it to Ireland with me, as it was much colder than I expected. Now that I have it out, I think I’ll be bringing it to NYC with me this week since it’s brutally cold there right now as well. This particular coat isn’t available anymore, but I found a few similar options here, here and here.
You May Also Like
- The First Sign of Winter Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 10 Plaid Pieces For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Christmas In California Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, California