One thing you can never find me without is a lip color. I am always always wearing something and have at least a handful of options in my bag. I think everyone looks better with a little color on their lips, even if it’s as subtle as a sheer gloss. Since I get so many questions about my lip colors, I thought I would share my four can’t-live-without shades (I also put together this lipstick guide last January with more of my favorites):
1. NARS Lipstick in “Heat Wave”- This is my favorite red lipstick of all time. I prefer orange/red lipsticks as I think they’re more flattering on my skin tone and work for every season.
2. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in “Pink Beige”- I get the most compliments and questions on this gloss. It’s a great everyday neutral color!
3. Bite Lip Crayon in “Cranberry”- I recently discovered Bite, but this shade has quickly become a must-have for me. It’s currently on heavy rotation- especially for date night.
4. Estée Lauder Lipgloss in “Plexi Pink”- This is a great gloss if you want a little bit of color (and high shine) without it being too much. It looks really pigmented, but comes off as a beautiful pink shade.
BCBG Dress, Anthropologie Necklace, Tiffany & Co Earrings
My beauty routine only changes slightly during the holidays- a little more dramatic and more focus on the eyes. Since I’m not really a huge eyeshadow person, I love playing around with my eyeliner either using different colors, (like dark purple and deep blue) doing a cat eye or something smokey.
A bold cat eye is one of my favorite beauty looks. This time, I took the edges of the eyeliner (wearing this one) out a little further than normal and made them thicker on my lash line. Because it’s such a statement, I left everything else pretty neutral. On my lips, I used this Bite Lip Crayon in “rhuebarb” and my favorite neutral gloss, Bobbi Brown in “pink beiege”. I recently bought the “Best Bite Set” from Sephora and love it! All of the colors are really gorgeous, especially the “cranberry” shade. To finish the look, I added some of my Guerlain bronzer in “brunette”.
I’m also wearing bareMinerals original foundation in “medium beige” and bareMinerals “Lash Domination” mascara.
(This photo was taken while I was using Latisse)
One of the most frequent questions I get asked is about my eyelashes. I’ve shared that I have used Latisse in the past and currently use NeuLash, but I haven’t shared my experience with both and which one I prefer. To start off, I have had a wonderful experience with both. I have had no side effects- no my green eyes did not turn brown- and have had pretty much the same results from both serums. But overall, I prefer NeuLash and here’s why:
1. It’s easier to get. The reason I stopped using Latisse was because I was lazy and didn’t want to put in the effort to find a new licensed pharmacist once I moved to SF. For NeuLash, you can buy it online (Nordstrom, Neimans or Bloomingdales) or pick it up in either of those stores. Easy, simple, done.
2. It’s lasted longer. Both serums are approximately the same price (I paid $120 for Latisse and $150 for NeuLash) but NeuLash has lasted me 8 months vs. Latisse would last me about 4 months.
3. It’s a simpler process. I like the design and simplicity of the NeuLash- similar to a mascara tube- and it takes virtually no effort. With Latisse, you have to open a new brush for each eye every time you use it. This can be a hassle with traveling and in my case, I ran out of brushes before I used up all my serum.
I can’t speak for everyone, but my experience with both products was great and I saw amazing results. If you’re really concerned with side effects, I would speak to your doctor about it and maybe do some more research. Everyone reacts differently, so it’s important to get all the information you can.
(This photo was taken while using NeuLash)