Towards the end of August/early September, I start transitioning my wardrobe into fall. Although it’s never quite summer in SF, my wardrobe still says “summer-like” with all of its bright colors. The same goes for my makeup. I switch out my bright lipsticks and peachy blushes for warmer, richer tones. I headed to Nordstrom Beauty Spot recently to pick up a few new colors and talk with one of their beauty stylists about trends and what looks best with my complexion. I love checking out the seasons new colors and this year, I decided to add lots of purple and gold tones. I usually stick to a pretty neutral palette, but the plum eye liner and lipstick are a nice change without feeling too drastic. I love how they really compliment my green eyes and make them pop!
Guerlain Meteorite Pearls in “Teint Beige 2″ and brush/ Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in “Pink Beige”/ YSL Stain in “Mauve Fusain”/ MAC Nail Polish in “Magnificent Feast” and “Dark Angel”/ Chanel Eyeshadow in “Ebloui”/ Chanel Eyeliner in “Violin”/ Guerlain Bronzer in “No. 3 Brunette”/ Not shown, but also wearing bareMinerals Lash Domination Mascara, Original Foundation and Stroke of Light Concealer
I also added a golden bronzer and a sheer lipgloss to wear with my new cream eyeshadow- all came highly recommended by the awesome beauty stylist who helped me. When I’m not in the store testing products in person, I go to Nordstrom Beauty Spot’s website and browse their blog for new trends and ideas or new items they just got in. Researching new beauty products is one of my favorite things to do! I’m always looking for the next best blush, eye liner or lipstick to switch up my look.
You can shop my look on Nordstrom here…
This post is sponsored by Nordstrom Beauty Spot, but all opinions are my own!
OPI Nail Polish in “Chocolate Moose”, bareMinerals Bronzing Veil Finishing Powder, bareMinerals Color Boost in “The Adrenaline Rush”, Benefit Cream Shadow in “No Pressure!”, bareMinerals Lipliner in “Exhilarated”, bareMinerals Moxie Lipgloss in “Trail Blazer”
While I love my bright lipsticks, my neutral palette will always be a favorite. I can wear it year round and regardless of the occasion, I can’t go wrong. When I wear a bright lip, I want everything else to be minimal- light mascara with no eyeliner. With my “neutral look”, I play it up on my lips, eyes, cheeks and nails since it’s subtle and less dramatic. I hardly ever wear eyeshadow and when I do, it’s always in a golden/brown color (I love the way it highlights my green eyes). I’m particularly fond of Benefit’s ‘creaseless cream shadow’ since it comes off smooth and doesn’t leave weird creases on your eyelid throughout the day. The “No Pressure!” is a great shade to give a slightly neutral smoky eye, but still wearable for everyday. bareMinerals bronzing veil finishing powder is hands down my favorite bronzer. It comes off really light and gives that perfect sun kissed glow I’m always trying to achieve. Last, to complete the look, I use a warm pink lipliner and a nude, gold shade of lipgloss for a great neutral lip.
1. Nothing looks more chic than a bare face with a bold lip. I always try and keep my eye makeup to a minimal (just a swipe of mascara) when I’m wearing lipstick. No eyeliner. Ever.
2. Diane Kruger looks incredible on the cover of Marie Claire UK. This might be my favorite magazine cover yet- Everything from the retro vibe to pale pink to the winged liner to the big hair is perfect. I always end up doing a subtle cat eye, but this is making me want to go bold with a neutral lip color.
3. Oh, how I can’t wait for September so I can get my tan on in Hawaii. Doutzen has the perfect golden tan.
4. White is so crisp and clean for summer. My last three mani/pedis have been all white- I just can’t get enough!
5. I’ve decided to let my hair grow out instead of keeping it short and I can’t wait to get to Emma’s length. I’m also loving the auburn color of her hair.
6. The glow. Miranda’s skin looks positively radiant in that photo. I’ve been using bareMinerals ‘well rested’ brightener around my eyes and Bobbi Brown’s ‘Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Compact” on my cheeks and eyelids to achieve this look. I’m also a really big fan of Benefit’s High Beam, which gives that luminous glow.
You can shop some of my favorite products to achieve these looks here: