1. Nothing looks more chic than a bare face with a bold lip. I always try and keep my eye makeup to a minimal (just a swipe of mascara) when I’m wearing lipstick. No eyeliner. Ever.
2. Diane Kruger looks incredible on the cover of Marie Claire UK. This might be my favorite magazine cover yet- Everything from the retro vibe to pale pink to the winged liner to the big hair is perfect. I always end up doing a subtle cat eye, but this is making me want to go bold with a neutral lip color.
3. Oh, how I can’t wait for September so I can get my tan on in Hawaii. Doutzen has the perfect golden tan.
4. White is so crisp and clean for summer. My last three mani/pedis have been all white- I just can’t get enough!
5. I’ve decided to let my hair grow out instead of keeping it short and I can’t wait to get to Emma’s length. I’m also loving the auburn color of her hair.
6. The glow. Miranda’s skin looks positively radiant in that photo. I’ve been using bareMinerals ‘well rested’ brightener around my eyes and Bobbi Brown’s ‘Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Compact” on my cheeks and eyelids to achieve this look. I’m also a really big fan of Benefit’s High Beam, which gives that luminous glow.
You can shop some of my favorite products to achieve these looks here:
Embellished Bobby Pins (on sale!)
I’m always suckered into buying the sparkly, bejeweled accessories that are always strategically placed next to checkout lines. I don’t think I’ve ever shopped in an Anthropologie where I didn’t end up buying some bits and bobs. And while I have enough of these little accessories to start a store of my own, I rarely actually wear them. So this time I was determined to find creative ways to incorporate them into my everyday hairstyles. The best part is that these specific ones work on thick hair too, which is usually the problem for me. Here are some of my favorite embellished bobby pins (also would be a great DIY) so you can re-create some of these looks…or come up with your own style!
Josie Maran Argan Oil/ Caudalie ‘Premier Cru Eye Cream
On my quest to wear less makeup, I’ve been focusing a lot more on skin care. The better I feel about my skin, the more comfortable I am going sans makeup. I’m lucky to have clear skin, but it tends to be really dry and dark circles are a never ending issue for me. I’ve been doing tons of research online, trying to find the best products to try out and I believe I’ve found two new beauty secrets (or whatever you want to call them)- Josie Maran’s Argan Oil and Caudalie’s Premier Cru Eye Cream. I had heard about argan oil countless times, but have been hesitant about using actual oil on my face. You can use this stuff on your nails, hair and skin- a win in my book! I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now and my skin is literally glowing and the softest it’s ever been. To say I’m obsessed with this stuff would be an understatement. I’ve also added Caudalie’s eye cream to my daily routine and I love this stuff! It helps with dark circles/puffiness and I can instantly feel it working.
As much as I love finding new products and creams, I truly believe that there is only so much that they can do. I’ve been reading Kimberly Snyder’s “The Beauty Detox Solution” and “The Beauty Detox Foods”, which are both focused around healthy, organic, clean eating with a plant based diet. Now, I do think her plan is a little extreme (no meat, no dairy, no gluten, no caffeine, no sugar) but I do agree with her that we are what we eat. She uses natural foods as a remedy to clear skin, make hair healthy and shiny and to overall look our best. I absolutely loved her books and have started to implement parts of her “lifestyle” into mine. I thought I would feel really tired without caffeine, but I’ve never felt so energized and clear headed. It was easy for me to eliminate meat (never been a big fan), dairy (cheese is the hardest part), caffeine and majority of sugar. I’m slowing trying to cut out gluten as I adopt more recipes and find alternativee gluten-free breads. This probably sounds a little extreme, but I honestly have never felt better! If anything, I really recommend reading the book and educating yourself on the benefits of a plant based diet and take what you want from it. I know I’m not a dermatologist or a nutritionist, but this is just my opinion and what I believe in!