Gal Meets Glam, Inc.
Job Title: Creative Lead
Work Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Title: Creative Lead
Full Time Position
Gal Meets Glam is seeking a talented Creative Lead to join our team. Gal Meets Glam (GMG) is a fashion, beauty and travel lifestyle brand that was started as a blog over 6 years ago. With a monthly readership of over 200,000 women and social following in the millions, women all over the world come to GMG for inspiration. We pride ourselves on continually exceeding follower expectations, which has been a key driver in the growth of both our business and readership. To continue this momentum, we are looking to add a team member with a passion for all things creative to provide team leadership, fresh content and ideas as our company grows and we expand into new services and product lines.
The position of Creative Lead sits below the company CEO and CFO and is responsible for leading and developing creative projects in support of the Gal Meets Glam creative operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead creative and social content to include scheduling and ideation of partnerships, storytelling and social creation across multiple channels and platforms.
- Develop and execute content calendars specific to defined requirements, key strategies and product launches.
- Schedule CEO contributions for various phases of content creation.
- Define and develop organic marketing strategies to support content and key launches.
- Lead the planning and scheduling of product shoots and featured stories.
- Manage defined social media accounts.
- Lead the development of creative assets (images, video, gif, sequenced stories, designs).
- Assist with copywriting and editing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7 years experience in digital publishing and/or content creation within a commercial brand environment preferred.
- 4 year degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Photography from an accredited college.
- 3-5 years experience leading a creative team.
- Advanced photography, videography and writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with digital platforms, content development, PR, social media, editorial and consumer marketing.
- Extensive experience working directly with creative assets.
- Creative thinker who can brainstorm innovative ideas/strategies with focus on editorial storytelling and consumer engagement.
- Excellent team leader with the ability to build, foster and nurture supportive and collaborative relationship with team.
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
- Able to work well under stress both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Additional Requirements & Details
- Final candidate must be available to move to Charleston, SC upon hire. May reimburse relocation costs, to be determined at time of offer.
- Position may require ability and availability to travel with team, including possession of or ability to obtain valid U.S. passport upon hire at the employee’s expense.
- Gal Meets Glam offers a robust benefits package to full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision.