Gal Meets Glam Collection
Job Title: Visual Production Art Director
Work Location: New York City, NY
Title: Visual Production Art Director
Exempt: Y Position Status: FT
Gal Meets Glam is seeking a talented Visual Production Art Director to join our Gal Meets Glam Collection team. Gal Meets Glam Collection is a fashion brand that launched this past spring and is a part of Gal Meets Glam, Inc., a fashion, beauty and lifestyle brand that was started as a blog over 7 years ago by Julia Engel and now has millions of followers all over the world. Each month the Collection introduces a new capsule of classic, feminine dresses inspired by vintage silhouettes for women to wear daily. The Collection is currently sold on the Gal Meets Glam Collection ecommerce site as well as online at Nordstrom and in select stores. We are very pleased and excited about the Collection and the positive response the dresses have received. In order to keep the momentum going, we are looking for an exceptional, creative individual to provide direction in the development of fresh content and ideas as our company grows and we expand into new services and product lines.
The position of Visual Production Art Director sits below the company CEO and CFO and is responsible for leading and developing creative projects in support of the Gal Meets Glam creative operations for Gal Meets Glam Collection.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
● Assist with the development and execution of creative assets (images, video, gif, sequenced stories, designs) for Gal Meets Glam Collection.
● Assist with the execution of the content calendars specific to defined requirements, key strategies and product launches for Gal Meets Glam Collection.
● Organize photographers, models and location details.
● Lead the scheduling of CEO contributions for various phases of content creation.
● Lead the planning and scheduling of product shoots, to include scouting locations, and arranging and executing creative vision for the brand.
● Manage production budget.
● Work with photo and video editors to deliver final assets to marketing and ecommerce teams.
● Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
● 3-5 years experience in digital publishing and/or content creation within a commercial brand environment preferred.
● 4 year degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Photography from an accredited college.
● Advanced experience developing and directing photo and video shoots from initial concept to final product.
● Extensive experience working directly with creative assets.
● Creative thinker who can brainstorm innovative ideas/strategies with focus on editorial storytelling and consumer engagement.
● Excellent team leader with the ability to build, foster and nurture supportive and collaborative relationship with team.
● Highly organized and detail oriented, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
● Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
● Able to work well under stress both autonomously and within a team environment.
● Able to sit for extended periods of time.
● Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
● Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Additional Requirements and Details
● Final candidate must reside in or around New York City, NY.
● Position may require ability and availability to travel with team, including possession of or ability to obtain valid U.S. passport upon hire at the employee’s expense.